Getting out of Bear, Delaware is an easy feat when you hire a moving company in the region to assist you. Otherwise, you will need to gather up friends, find rental trucks, order packaging supplies, and find tools and equipment to help you move the larger pieces. This could become quite the headache. While some people decide to conduct a move on their own due to the lack of money, what they don’t realize is that it often costs even less just to hire a professional mover.
Finding a professional mover within your price range isn’t too difficult. It can be done with a little online research or even by going through a middleman. Nonetheless, don’t go hiring the moving company with the lowest quote. Check out their reviews from past customers over the Internet first. You may also want to call them up to see how helpful and friendly their customer service is. Ask about their licenses, experience and ask whether or not they are approved by the Better Business Bureau. Any professional mover will have all of the right documentation to prove that they are qualified.
Moving Day Tactics to Help Make the Day Go Faster
• Arrange for babysitters. Have the kids and pets out of the house on moving day.
• Be there on the day of the move.
• Offer the movers drinks and food to keep them from running to the store.
• Clear out the home or facility. Make sure that the movers can easily walk around as necessary and that there is somewhere close for them to park.
• Have a parking permit handy if it is needed.
• Have your inventory list created so that you can compare it to the movers’ list.
• Ask the movers what route they will be taking to the next destination and when they anticipate they will arrive.
• Keep cash on you at all times just in case.
• Leave all cleaning supplies unpacked so that you can clean up after the movers finish loading.
• Have tarps, plastic and blankets laid down to prevent damage or dirt going onto the flooring during moving day.
• Have extra packaging supplies such as markers, tape, boxes, newspaper, and other items.