Moving out of Erie, PA can be a hassle if you try to conduct the move alone. Gathering friends, renting a truck, packing, loading, unloading, and relocating the items can be more work than you thought it might be. It is no secret that hiring a local mover is the best decision. Not only will they do all of the hard work, but they will free up your time and make sure that your property is safe during the moving process.
Erie movers specialize in all kinds of moves. They offer services for everything from commercial to small moves. With all of the options, you will certainly find a trustworthy moving company to hire for your relocation. In order to find a company, start your hunt at least eight weeks before the desired moving date. Use the Internet and other resources to find the reputable movers from the area. Then, call around and ask questions before receiving quotes.
Things to Ask While Calling Movers for Quotes
There are many different questions that you should ask before you hire a mover for the job. It is important to make sure that they are not scamming you or that they lack in the experience needed for the relocation. By asking questions, you can figure out which mover is the most reliable.
- How long have you been in the moving industry?
- What services do you offer?
- Are your quotes binding?
- Do your movers come to the property before I can receive a binding quote?
- Is your company approved by the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you have all of the proper state licensing?
- Are your employees trained and are they covered by workman’s compensation?
- Do your movers have all of the appropriate equipment and tools for the move?
- What is the down payment required?
When you ask these questions, the customer service representative should be able and willing to answer all of them. If they have all of necessary requirements, then answering the questions should come easy to them. The service you receive should be friendly, helpful and timely. If the movers really want your business, then they will act like they do.