Nicknamed the “Wall Street West,” Jersey City is a large metropolis full of life around the clock. Moving out of the city is hard with all of the traffic and lack of room to maneuver. Fortunately, professional movers from the area will have the experience, training and tools to efficiently relocate your property for you.
Moving can be extremely stressful. Not only do you have to worry about the actual relocation, children and many changes, but you have to pack and prepare for moving day. It can be a headache to say the least. Hiring movers to help you with the move is perhaps the best thing you can do given the circumstances.
When you go to hire a moving company, you can choose to go with as many services as you find necessary and that you can afford. You’ll notice that the services offered vary from company to company. There is one thing that you should always purchase and that is insurance. If the moving company offers insurance, it is best that you take advantage of it. Most of the reputable moving companies will have a few insurance packages to recommend.
Great Moving Guidance
• Always find a mover at least five weeks to two months in advance. Then, after the date is booked for moving day, begin packing room by room.
• Keep a to-do list with you at all times during the process. Check things off as you get them accomplished.
• Write out a list of all your belongings. This will only help you to assure they make it to the next location safe and sound. You can make a detailed list or simply take a box and furniture count per the room they are located in.
• Have the home cleaned up and ready for the movers on the day of their arrival. All clutter should be put away so that they can maneuver without the worry of an accident.
• Put plastic or blankets down on the floor before the movers arrive so that they do not dirty up the floor.
• If the movers cannot park on the property, obtain a permit from the city so that they can park on the street or elsewhere.