There are two ways to assure that your move goes along as smoothly as possible and with as little mishaps as possible. These ways include hiring a reputable moving company out of Middletown and staying organized. All too often, people get lazy during the moving process and the next thing you know, something ends up lost or damaged. It is best to try and avoid these costly mistakes by staying on top of the moving process.
Common Moving Mishaps
• Packing property in array of boxes without labeling. Categorize the items as you pack them away or even pack one room up at a time. This will help you prevent the loss of your belongings.
• You didn’t create a list of inventory to compare with the list that the movers usually make.
• Not packing away items with the proper packaging supplies.
• Forgetting to opt in for the insurance offered through the moving company.
• Trying to cut corners because you are afraid to spend too much money on the moving process.
• Not finding a babysitter for pets and children on moving day.
• Packing away valuables in unknown boxes for the movers to take with them. Try to keep all expensive possessions with you at all times.
• Hiring a company because they offered the lowest quote.
• Failing to research your mover before hiring them.
• Packing items too large or heavy for the box you put them in.
• Packing away items that are hazardous or explosive. You cannot do this as they may cause a fire or other dangerous scenario during transit.
• You lost your bill of lading. It is important to have the contract on you at all times.
• Forgetting to ask the movers when they will arrive at the new destination or what route they intend to take.
As you can see, there are many common mistakes that people often make during the moving process. These are all small errors that can cause for big mishaps along the way. Do your best to stay on top of everything and all should go over well. The more prepared you are, the more likely you will have a smooth move.