Moving is a hassle, to say the least. This is especially true for anyone who tries to perform the move on your own. You will need packaging supplies, a truck and helpers. You may end up spending more this way than you would by hiring a moving company in Oregon. Not to mention, you won’t have all of the proper tools and equipment to safely conduct the move.
It is definitely in your best interest to hire professional movers. A moving company will not only offer an array of services geared towards your needs, but they will have an insurance option so that if anything were to happen during the moving process, anything broken, stolen or lost is covered. It is important that you find a moving company with a reputation for being professional and trustworthy. This can be done easily by referring to a middleman.
About Going through a Middleman
A middleman is often an online company that gathers quotes from moving companies in your area. After you give them the required information, they will find the top rated companies in Oregon with services geared towards your specific needs. They conduct the hunt to find the right company for you. After you get your quotes, it is up to you to decide what company you would like to schedule your move with.
Many people have this misconception that it will cost you more to go through a middleman. This is not true. In actuality, going through a middleman to find a moving company could save you even more money. They will find moving companies that offer discounts and are often able to find the lowest quotes around.
Cities We Service:
Stay on Top of Your Game
It is best to stay on top of things during a move. When you are organized and prepared, it only helps the process to go along more smoothly.
1. Schedule your move with a company at least five weeks prior to the desired moving date.
2. Watch weather reports as the day nears.
3. Purchase all of the right packaging supplies or opt for full packaging services.
4. Start packing your belongings away well before the day of the move and keep all clearly labeled boxes in the rooms they were packed in.
5. Create a checklist of things to do and a list of inventory.
6. Contact the moving company a week or so ahead of time to make sure everything is still on schedule.
7. Clear out all entryways for the movers and try to have water and snacks prepared for them.
8. Have extra cash just in case.