As one of Hawaii’s more populated areas, Waipahu has several great moving companies in the area. When you are in need of a mover, create a list of all the ones nearby that offer services geared towards your needs. Make sure that they also carry good reviews and ratings which can often be found online. You want to avoid hiring a company with a reputation for poor work ethics.
Packing and Cleaning Preparation
After you find a company and set up your moving date, begin preparing for the move. Begin by packing and decluttering the home as soon as possible. Get rid of any items that you do not wish to bring along with you. Not only will this lessen the amount of work, but it will create less confusion and stress. Donate items to charity, throw them away or even have a weekend garage sale to try and make money.
When you have finished ridding of all unnecessary items, begin packing. Have all of the right packaging supplies prepared.
• Box Tape
• Assorted Boxes
• Plastic Furniture Wrap
• Bubble Wrap
• Tarps, Blankets, Plastic for Covering Floors or Furniture
Label every box legibly and have them arranged in the rooms that they were packaged in. Everything must be packed and ready to go by the time the movers get there on the scheduled moving date.
Tips for Decluttering
To declutter your home, there are some tips that can help you decipher what to keep and what to rid of. There are also ways in which you can decrease the amount of items needing to be relocated.
• Check all expiration dates.
• Don’t pack up cleaning supplies. Use the cleaning supplies to clean up after the move and toss them away when you are through.
• Sell or donate anything that you no longer use, as long as it is in good condition. Many families will hold garage sales for extra cash before a move.
• Ask yourself if the items are worth keeping. Are they practical? Do they function properly? Is it sentimental?
• Make sure you have plenty of time to go through all of your items. At least five weeks before the moving date is when you should begin the decluttering and packing process.