A professional moving company in Wichita can help make moving to your new home a much less stressful event. Many people that have bad experiences with moving tend to do things in the wrong fashion. In order to achieve a successful move, you’ll need experienced individuals on the job and exceptional organizational skills. A moving company based out of Wichita can handle many different kinds of moves and you can receive a quote over the phone in just a few minutes.
Steps to Take for Moving
1. Start by figuring out if there are things in your home that you would like to get rid of. Moving has its expenses, but you could possibly cover some of those expenses by selling items you no longer need or want. There are outlets online where you can sell items or you can hold a garage sale. Donating your old items is also a great way to purge and help someone else.
2. The next step would be to start looking into movers. Not all moving companies charge the same for their services and some moving companies are more reputable than others. Compare quotes from different companies and read customer reviews online.
3. From the very beginning organization is priority number one in order to keep the stress levels low. One way you can stay organized is by creating a moving binder. A moving binder comes in handy for storing estimates, your inventory list and receipts.
4. At least six weeks before your move, you should begin getting your packing supplies ordered. A moving company can provide packing supplies, but this service will cost an additional fee. Packing supplies should include white packing paper, bubble wrap, foam sheets, packing tape, labels, and boxes.
5. Once you start packing, Make sure that every box is labeled. The label should include its content and which room it needs to be placed in. Separate essential boxes and boxes containing fragile items away from the rest of your goods
Information about Move Day
Move day will be scheduled on the day you receive your quote. Your moving team will document the condition of your inventory and take direction from the signer or the cosigner of the contract. Make sure to provide a safe working environment for the movers. This means, remove any tripping hazards from walkways and stairs. If you have small children, make sure they are a safe distance away from the work zone.