If you know that you want to move out of Butte, but don’t know how to go about doing so, contact a professional moving company. They can help organize and plan your move so that the process isn’t stressful. With the right moving company involved, you can expect to see all of your property sitting nicely in your new home free from damage.
Questions to Ask the Moving Company
• How do you handle losses?
• Do you offer insurance?
• Will my property remain on the same truck during shipping?
• Do you give binding estimates?
• Are you approved by the BBB and have all of the proper documents and licenses?
• Do you have the right equipment to conduct the type of move I need?
• Does the company provide workers compensation in the case of an accident where an employee gets injured?
• What types of services doe you offer?
As long as you ask the questions listed above, you can rest assured you hired a reputable company if they were able to answer yes to most of them. It is important that you don’t hire the first company that offers the lowest quote. You want to make sure that they are well equipped and trained to handle the job or you may end up with broken and lost items.
Making Sure Your Belongings Are Safe
Not only can you purchase insurance through the moving company to make sure your stuff is safe, but you can do other things to assure its safety. Packing with the right packaging materials and not overfilling boxes will keep your items safer. Use foam, newspaper, old tee shirts, and whatever else you can think of to safely wrap glassware, dishes and other breakables before putting them into the box.
Label all of the boxes clearly with the room they are to be loaded into at the new place of residence. It is also a good idea to mark boxes as “fragile” when necessary. Create a list of inventory. Make sure that you compare your list with that of the movers on moving day.