Hiring a moving company is the best way to ensure that your items will be transported correctly. A moving company will be able to help you move out of Dover using the most up-to-date moving equipment on the market. If you are a first time mover, contact a moving company and find out what services they offer.
In just a few minutes, an agent of the moving company will be able to give you a good idea of how your move will work. If you have questions about a move that they can’t answer, contact another moving company who is more knowledgeable or have someone call you back once they have the answer. Moving is a process that requires a lot of planning and organization so that is why it is important to make sure the moving company has the right experience.
5 Common Moving Mistakes
1. Hiring a less than reputable moving company is a mistake that people make when they do not conduct the proper research before moving.
2. Hiring a moving company that gives non-binding agreements is risky because you might end up paying more than what they quoted you.
3. Forgetting to create a packing list is one way to add stress to your move. A packing list will give you peace of mind that all of your items are where they belong.
4. Forgetting to label boxes is another moving mistake that can end up costing you money and adding stress.
5. Not wearing the proper clothing for moving. Always make sure to wear shoes with lots of traction, gloves, eye protection, and pants to help prevent injury.
How to Lift Properly
During a move, injuries are most likely to take place while carrying boxes. Improperly lifting a box can lead to back problems and injuries. When lifting, make sure to keep your feet shoulder width apart while bending at the hips and knees only. Always make sure that you maintain good posture and that you look straight ahead.
Never carry boxes on your shoulders of under your arms. The best way to hold a box is to keep it close to your body, walk slowly and only carry one box at a time. If the box is to heavy for you to carry on your own, make sure to call for aid from the moving professional.